Saturday 12 June 2010

Wiltshire Bound

We finally made it down to Salisbury at 16:00 and when Roxana got back from shopping and we had had a cup of tea and a fag we went over to see my Mother-In- Law.  This is by no means a chore as Evelyn is one of the nicest people on the planet and it is so good to see her settled into her new flat.

We had helped her move a few weeks ago and all the hard work has now paid off.

We spent a couple of hours there and then Hamish, Roxana, Alison and I went back to Salisbury for a pint or two by the river.

It's usually very peaceful there, with only the sound of the Avon and the various hoots and quacks of the aquatic bird life.  However tonight was England's first game of the world cup and the pub, like so many, had a large screen and it was quite noisy.  England drew 1-1 with the USA so that was a bit embarrassing.

Due to Roxana pressing the wrong button on her bread machine (she intended to set a timer but inadvertently set it going) someone needs to stay up to take the bread out when it has completed.  I have offered to do this although I now realise that I will have then been awake for 23 hours.  At least I will sleep well when I finally do get to bed.

I have decided to start a new diet that Boot's are promoting.  Hamish has said that he will support me so I plan to start it the week after I get back from France.  I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment