Thursday 17 June 2010

Birthday Weekend - Part 1

I've finished work now for a few days as this weekend (on Sunday) I turn 40.  I find this quite scary and, to be honest, I can't quite believe it.  10 years ago Hamish took me to Geneva and I can remember it as if it was yesterday.  This is why I am starting this diet - I feel that I have wasted the past 10 years and now I want to get fitter and be able to do more in the next 10.

Hamish has planned a wonderful weekend for me.  Tomorrow morning we fly from London City Airport to Paris where we are staying in a nice hotel.  We have been to Paris a number of times over the past 13 years but this time we are not doing the standard tourist things but are going to explore a little more.

On Saturday night we are having a meal in a wonderful gay friendly restaurant that we found a couple of years ago when we went with Roxana and Geoff.  The food and service were excellent and I am really looking forwards to going back.

We are staying in Paris until Tuesday when we fly back but instead of coming back to London we are flying to Birmingham where Hamish has booked us tickets to see Cirque Du Soleil.  The following morning we are going to have a look around Birmingham.  Although this is my home city I haven't been there for a number of years and since I left it has been completely redesigned with a whole new shopping centre.  I am quite looking forwards to seeing what has happened to the place. 

We then travel back home by train and I go back to work next Thursday.

I believe there is WiFi in our hotel in Paris so I will update you daily with our adventures.  If I can't get onto WiFi I will post the daily entries when I get back to the UK.

No comments:

Post a Comment