Sunday 13 June 2010

New Eating Regime Starts Here

I've been planning this for a while but have not said anything but today is the first day of a new eating regime for me.

I am 5 stones overweight with an eye watering BMI and, as I am about to hit the big four oh, I need to do something about it.

I met with a pharmacist in Boots last week and have signed up to their new weight management programme which is based on the Tony Ferguson plan which has been very successful in Australia.  I am going to have to make some big changes in the way I eat and I need to re-educate myself to understand food as energy and not just as a comfort.

I am keeping a sister blog on the plan's website where I have promised to be completely honest about my progress.  If it doesn't work for me it will be interesting to see if my posts stay on the site

I will also keep this blog updated so that again, if it fails, people doing a search for Tony Ferguson will be able to see what I think.

I can't start the plan properly until June 24th which is when I get back from Paris and my months supply of meal replacement products come through, but I am starting to cook the recipes and we are having one for dinner tonight (Stir Fried Pork with Baby Sweetcorn and Sugar Snap Peas).

I have also made the switch from sugar to Splenda - one that was not at all hard as Splenda doesn't seem to have the unpleasant aftertaste of Aspartame or Saccharin.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment