Sunday 6 June 2010

A Few Good Men

No, not my idea of a good night in but the title of the play we have just been to see by the Miller Centre Players, an amateur dramatics group to which a friend of ours belongs.

The story, by Aaron Sorkin, concerns the military trial of two US Marines who were involved in the accidental murder of a fellow Marine.  Excellent dialog and a gripping court room drama in act two made for a diverting evening.  The acting was, on the whole, excellent with two people in particular standing out.  One for his absolutely fantastic acting and the other for his absolutely abysmal acting!

After the play we went to "Bollywood" a very nice Indian restaurant in Caterham with great food, only let down by the slightly surly service.

I must admit that I wasn't really looking forwards to going out tonight but I'm glad that I did.

We got back just before the rain started and, as I was waiting to pay at the petrol station on the way home, I think I saw a flash of lightening so we could be in for a wet night.

I am determined to get up early tomorrow and do the housework that I have been putting off for the past two days and then we need to nip into town.

No comments:

Post a Comment