Wednesday 14 July 2010

Making Music

For as long as I can remember I have wanted to be able to play the piano. I can read music, a little, and can knock out a half decent tune on the recorder but have never learned to play a keyboard instrument.

We have a very good digital keyboard but it has never been played in anger.

So I have been thinking about it for a while and it dawned on me that I have a Mac and there are loads of CBT packages available, all I need is a USB midi keyboard and I can get the computer to teach me.

So, yesterday a 61 key M-Audio Keystation keyboard arrived and, hooked up to GarageBand on the Mac, it sounds great. I am spending the next couple of evenings having fun (it's so easy to knock up a multi track recording) until my piano tutorial software arrives and then I am going to have a serious go at learning to play.

Posted from Blogium for iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment