Saturday 24 July 2010

Digital Audit

We're at home again this weekend which is nice.

I've been sorting some of my digital life out this morning, I really need to audit all of our photo's and get them in some sort of order.  I have been using iPhoto but I have to admit that it my least favourite of all the Mac applications that I use.  I don't like the way it automatically sorts 'events' which I think is far too confusing.

So, I have switched to Picasa and am now slowly porting over all the various albums of pictures we have.  Once I have done this I can delete all the duplicates.

My Kindle is on it's way and is currently sitting at an airport in Philadelphia waiting for a plane.  Amazon has been amazing, sending me welcome emails and sorting out my Kindle account so it is ready to go as soon as I get my hands on it.  They really seem to have put a lot of thought into the service and, so far, it has been brilliant.  Once again another reason to abandon Waterstones.

I went out last night with a few of my engineers from work (a couple of them are about to leave the company) and I ended up having a couple of drinks which is a big no no on my diet.  I weighed myself this morning and have still lost weight so I don't think it has done any harm.  I probably won't have an alcoholic drink for a few weeks now until I meet up with my best mate.

We are off to the cinema this evening to see Inception so I will let you know what I think of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment