Sunday 15 August 2010

Sherlock

We've just watched the third, and final, episode of the wonderful Sherlock on BBC HD.

This has been a brilliant albeit short series and has brought the Sherlock Holmes legend right up to date.  The only thing that I found distracting was how much it was like Dr. Who, which is hardly surprising when you consider that it was produced by Steven Moffat and Mark Gatis, both heavily involved in the sci-fi series.  Sherlock's mannerisms, especially his speech patterns, were very similar to those of the 11th Doctor.

I believe that a second series has been commissioned and I really hope that this is true.

We had a very productive afternoon (well Hamish has as he did most of the work) and have now cleaned the lounge from top to bottom and reorganized the tech under the TV including pruning out a number of cables and transformers from long forgotten pieces of equipment.

We may go into town tomorrow to get some new cushions but that depends on how we feel and if it is still raining.

I've also been a bit influential  today as I have been emailing Evernote's support team with an issue I had regarding the tagging of notes in the PC version of their software.  Rather than fob me off with reinstalling the software or not understanding my problem, they went away and were able to replicate the problem and are now working on a software revision.  Cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment