Monday 11 October 2010

Bugger That's Another Week Without A Post

Actually, I have an excuse this time as I have even working on my other project.

You may recall a while back I said that I was doing something else on the web? Well, that something is a technology website that I have been thinking about creating for a while now.  It is still in the very early stages but I am working in the background creating the content for it. I won't go into too much detail here but head over to www.hometechforall.com and have a look for yourself.

I am on annual leave this week and, as Hamish has taken himself off to Berlin for a few days, I have the place to myself so I am catching up on a bit of relaxation.

I feel a bit of a hypocrite as I type this as, despite what I have said in the past, I am actually typing this on an iPad. I'm quite surprised actually as it is not at all like I had envisaged it - an overgrown iPod Touch. The apps have been rewritten from the ground up and have a much more 'grown up' feel about them. It's still not a 'proper' computer but it is much closer that I thought it would be. Also, in landscape mode, the onscreen keyboard is quite remarkable and I seem to be able to type as quickly as I can on a real keyboard. People have complained that there is no tactile feedback when typing. This is true but it doesn't seem to affect me and your fingers do make a pleasing thud as they hit the screen.

I'll let you know how I get on with it over the next few weeks.

Netty isn't consigned to the bin however as I will still be using her to take my work notes.

No comments:

Post a Comment